




The bathroom in our house was a little.....well....past it! A remodel had been in the plans for a while. This summer was the first in years without coursework or testing for my teacher's certification so it was time!
I began work on it in July. We were staying at camp, so we still had facilities there. This meant I had to go back and forth between camp and home (an hour's drive). It quickly became a drag.
I started demolition without a clear idea of what the finished project was going to look like - rare for me. When it comes to things like this, I normally have everything planned out to the last detail. Having to make decisions mid-project caused some delays, but it went well overall. (That is, once I got the 600 lb. cast iron tub outta there. It took me a good part of day two.) I even came in under budget!
I had a plumber help with the tub-shower unit (getting it in there was a real song and dance; plumbing it up was tricky, too). Everything else I did myself.
Everyone says the finished product is great! It really is quite a change. Now all we have to do is make the rest of the house look as good as the bathroom!
No comments:
Post a Comment