Wednesday, May 27, 2009

It's a Sad Day

Colin has loved these boots like no one has ever loved an inanimate object before (they smelled from him wearing them without socks over and over). Steph has a penchant for throwing things away. She unceremoniously tossed them in the garbage today. Hopefully, Colin will not suffer some sort of separation anxiety because of it!

I have to say that it was weird seeing them in the trash but perhaps it's for the best. You could kinda see a day coming where Colin would still be wearing them long after they stopped fitting - the front of the boots cut open, his toes sticking out, his feet hideously deformed from wearing them too long... sometimes ya gotta let go.

I just hope he doesn't become an astronaut. He'll be lost without Mickey Mouse on the moon. (You can't see it in this picture but they're Mickey Mouse boots.)

1 comment:

Grandma O said...

Oh No! I am weeping! But if ya think they stink I guess ya gotta do what ya gotta do!